Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Shut the door on your way out

Yes I know it's been a while but I've been in Paris don't y'know. Flying (literally) in the face of fiscal prudence J and I felt we should take the advice of Jackie Wullschlager the art critic of the FT and see the Matisse exhibition "Une Seconde Vie" at the Musée du Luxembourg. It was very much to my taste, colourful, confident, life affirming and joyous. Matisse was extremely ill when he was 71 and not expected to recover, however he did and the world is a better place for that. His work for the next 14 years was largely made up of his famous shapes, coloured, cut out and stuck on. Blue Peter at genius level. All I can say is go if you can. There are deals to be got on expedia if you don't mind flying.
As far as the acting is concerned I had to pop in for another swift visit to the "Family Affairs" set to round off Glen the psychic, drained after his efforts and eager to leave. It was a different director for this last scene as it occurrs in the following episode which falls in a different block. Hardly had we introduced ourselves than I was finished shooting and on my way home. "Shut the door on your way out " - I thought I heard them call. Easily said but the exit area of the Thames shed was being used as a hospital set that day and I had to weave my way through a crowd of Supporting Artists - who were pretending various afflictions - and slope off, hoping not to be trapped and penned by the shepherd-like 3rd Assistant Director - Come by! Come by! Then I'm out. Back on the street and unemployed, the very low fee pre-spent long ago.
Pipeline-wise I was interviewed yesterday for a small part in a movie "Razors Edge" playing Wesley Snipes' boss. I met Po Chih Leong the director and I had to pretend to shout at WS down the phone. I wore a blue shirt, red tie, smart grey trousers and brown wool jacket and had a neat, short haircut the day before. There was very little character description but I felt I had made the right sort of choices. We'll see.
I went to the Royal Court last night to see "The Woman Before". I'm afraid I just didn't get it. It referred to Greek tragedy. Medea possibly. Oh well.

2 Comments:

Blogger OvaGirl said...

Welcome back and how lovely to be able to just duck over to Paris for a few days! Fingers crossed for the WS film - sounds a hoot.

5:08 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so jealous that you just went to Paris.
I hopefully get to go home in September and spend a few days there. Sigh. I always miss it .
I have a friend who is coming to London for an acting workshop in July. I am jealous of that too !

8:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home