Tuesday, April 19, 2005

You know you've really arrived when.....

Slogged down to Merton and went to Talkback Thames for the "Family Affairs" interview. There is a spot of refurbishment going on and not before time I think I can say without fear of contradiction, a shed is a shed when all's said and done no matter how big it is. So I picked up the script and was ushered into a shed within a shed posing as 'The Green Room'. To be fair there is actually some green paint on the bits which are painted. An older actor, waiting for a car I think, leaned over to me and said - "You know you've really arrived when you work here". It's a nice role, just two episodes playing a reluctant psychic. I met for the first time the utterly charming casting director Amanda Frend (I'm not just saying that) and we were soon chatting like old friends (which means nada but it's always pleasant), we agreed on how the part should be approached and I read for the camera. Then Roderick Smith left the building (shed). All in all quite a pleasant experience which is a bonus these days and more than I expect. I didn't feel the need to rush into town and buy something for myself with money I haven't got which is a common reaction to interview stress. I hope to hear by the end of the week.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I certainly send positive thoughts your way !

11:02 pm  
Blogger OvaGirl said...

What exactly is a "reluctant psychic"?

11:05 pm  
Blogger Rod said...

To quote our friend sbs -"oh y'know". Too emotionally draining for him to do it on a regular basis. It's just like acting!(guffaw)

10:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home