Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Oh my God it's my Dad! (Incorporating evil brain boils...)

I made myself a little showreel today consisting of my two most recent TV appearances. Donald Newman in 'The Rotter's Club' and Bob Harris (no not that one) in 'The Inspector Lynley Mysyeries'. Mr. Newman was a rather stern godfearing character searching for his missing daughter and the programme was set in the early 70s. I found myself looking at my father, his little ways, his build. It has become easier to be objective about my performances as I've got older because I just don't think of myself as this person who seems to be of my father's generation. When it comes to Bob Harris my uncle takes over; outdoorsy, scruffy loner - poacher type bloke. Not that my father or uncle neccessarily had any of the aforementioned characteristics but they would have had if they were these guys. Anyway I was pretty pleased with my edit and the perfs (am I allowed to say that?) which went some way towards relieving recent evil brain boils. I popped it in a jiffy bag and sent it to my lovely agent Sarah so she could enjoy it too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home