Monday, April 11, 2005

A resource untapped

This has not yet become a habit for me although I find I can't leave it too long before blogging in or it becomes stale and edited in my head. The day and a half working on Richard Bean's play in progress - 'Europhilia' - was very enjoyable. I happen to love watching actors thinking on their feet and solving problems in an entertaining way and with a high calibre cast such as this I was constantly delighted. The piece itself is a political sex farce so technically very demanding. As ever RB's writing is incorrect in most areas so sacred cows beware as this will surely have a future life.
Tonight it's Monday so - pub quiz at The Shakespeare. I know it's corny but I didn't call it that. Our team are mostly actors so with an eclectic (I hate that word) knowledge base to draw on from lives spent flitting from one subject to another the jackpot is practically guaranteed! With our above-mentioned problem-solving skills and our vast database-style brains we are an immensely valuable resource in the world (mostly unrecognized or let down by less attractive qualities).
Tomorrow - interview for a commercial in the a.m. so wish me luck as I need the money (think deserts and water).

6 Comments:

Blogger pm said...

all luck to you.

11:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck !

1:39 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re Quiz: perhaps you could expand on the delicate balance actors maintain between problem solving, thinking on one's feet and the BEER...

1:31 pm  
Blogger Rod said...

Thanks very much for best wishes, how thoughtful. As for the beer question; firstly it is an end in itself but I agree it cannot be totally separated from quizzing. There is an exponential inverse ratio type thingy (technical) operating whereby the amount of beer consumed is inextricably linked to how much you care when you don't win. I hope this doesn't answer your question.

1:55 pm  
Blogger sbs said...

just wondering - is that the Stokey Shakespeare you quiz in?
hope you got the job.

3:43 pm  
Blogger Rod said...

You writers - always asking questions. Yes it is and thanks but probably not.

1:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home