Monday, March 13, 2006

Thrift and style

So I've gone for the brown Hugo Boss modish suit (half-price Moss Bros 2002) which was purchased for the first night of The Glee Club at the Duchess. A memorable night for some. I was wearing a Glee Club baseball cap in the Two Bridges a few months ago and Simon Stokes and Doug Lucie were at the next table, we exchanged greetings as you do and Doug Lucie who I don't know personally said to me "Is that an 'I survived the Glee Club first night party' hat?"! Word gets round.......... I do remember vitally neglecting to open a plate glass door from The Crypt before trying to exit. J had sensibly left a good bit earlier not wanting to witness the full horror. I have to keep to myself the doings of others for fear of backlash but they know who they are if not where they were.

The brown Bally shoes (half-price Heathrow Airport 2000) and the white shirt with the button down collar (which I know some people regard as an abomination but they rather suit me). Luckily I have just had my hair cut (free for subscribers to Time Out at the new Japanese-style place at platform one Euston Station - not bad actually).

All this for a commercial casting tomorrow at 12.40pm. A successful outcome would involve plenty dosh and a trip to S.Africa.

Vain tart?.....Moi?.....That's cruel.

I think I'm trying to highlight the idea that thrift and style need not neccessarily be strange bedfellows. If you see something that's quality, it suits you and it's a bargain, grab it. You never know when you may need it and it's tax deductable.

2 Comments:

Blogger DL said...

are you kidding ?

I am ALL about thrift and style.
And for men to be all about it, well that's just sexy.

8:31 pm  
Blogger Rod said...

Ahem. No comment.

4:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home