Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Of Monsters and Minis

As an interpretive artist, and certainly not the LEAD artist on any given project - some will get this reference and understand that my tongue is somewhere - can I afford to have opinions about form? I find myself increasingly interested in absolutely anything and more and more uninterested in following some true path. Artistic rigor is all really and I definitely do have opinions about that. This obviously makes me perfectly employable or possibly the complete opposite. Anyway I love working with directors - and now my tongue is somewhere else.

Mike Bradwell - the Li-Po of West London dramaturgy - called on Monday about a playreading of an Icelandic play 'Surf' at The Bush on 15th which Will Kerley is directing. Will directed me in 'The Godbotherers' also at The Bush - a play by well known Monsterist Richard Bean. Imagine my surprise when I was asked today if I would be interested in taking part in an evening of Miniaturist plays at Southwark Playhouse on Sunday 26th. Look here . I feel like Gulliver.

2 Comments:

Blogger pm said...

little and large, eh?

11:58 pm  
Blogger OvaGirl said...

Now having visions of you being lashed down on stage by hordes of teeny tiny playwrights...

12:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home