Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Misc.

The Miniaturists night went very well I think. I was happy with my Carl the ageing, gay, hippy Cambridge graduate in 'The Troubador'. We got to do it twice which was a relief because the first time in public my heart was doing about 180 bpm and I was having to make a big effort to keep my body under control and look relaxed. I had to dance in a - shall we say - free way to 'See Emily Play' by Pink Floyd which was a real mixture of pleasure tempered by embarrasment as it flew me straight back to my teenage years.

The whole evening of five plays twice was extremely well organised by Stephen Sharkey. Ellen Hughes did a great job of directing our piece and made some quite excellent soup. Couldn't have had better actors than Tim Morand and Dominic Colenso to do it with. Trouble is it all happened so quickly, a bit like an accident - one wonders whether it really happened at all.

I discover that my cousin Andrew in Australia has started a blog called Lying On The Couch which may give you a clue to his profession.

In response to lack of pipeline action in my professional life I have put up a bird feeder in the garden. We have a pair of tit-like cuties in our ceonothus. Can't figure out what they are from the books. I'll try and get a picture and post it. Also I have been sitting at the keyboard and very laboriously trying to pick my way through a grade 1 Mozart minuet. I am determined to nail it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes indeed, Rod. It was a great night and my thanks once more to you, Tim and Dominic for being so brillaint.

8:06 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home